Tilottama Shome Bio: Tillotama Shome is an Indian-origin film actress. Tilottama Shome was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the 63rd Filmfare Awards for her character in A Death in the Gunj. In the year 2021, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critics) for playing an amazing character Ratna in Sir at the 66th Filmfare Awards.
Tilottama Shome Biography
Tillotama Shome belonged to Kolkata, West Bengal. Since her father was an Indian Air Force officer that’s why she had to shift across India. She has a younger brother whose name is Gaurav Shome in the family. Shome did her studies at Lady Shri Ram College. She then again moved to New York in the year 2004 to choose a master’s degree in educational theatre at New York University, where she lived until she came back to Mumbai, Maharashtra in the year 2008.
Personal Information: Tilottama Shome
|Real Name||Tillotama Shome|
|Date of Birth||25 June|
|Age (as in 2022)||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Also, Read this Biography:
Filmography: Tilottama Shome Bio
- Film – Monsoon Wedding (in the year 2001)
- Awards – Best Actress at UK Asian Film Festival (in the year 2019)
- Awards – Filmfare Award for Best Actor in Leading Role (Female) (in the year 2021)
Affairs/Marital Status And Family: Tilottama Shome Bio
Physical Statistics: Tilottama Shome Bio
|Height||5′ 4″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Reading, Cooking and Poetry|
Career: Tilottama Shome Bio
She was born in Kolkata India, Shome was brought up all over India since her father was with the Indian Air Force. She did her education at Delhi’s Lady Shri Ram College and got a chance to become a part of Arvind Gaur’s Asmita theatre group. She shifted to New York in the year 2004 for a master’s program in educational theatre at New York University, where she lived until she come back to Mumbai on holiday in the year 2008. Thereafter, she shifted to Mumbai and, after completing some outstanding projects in New York, she returned to India in the year 2008.
She portrayed Mrs Ahmadi in the Hindi political thriller film titled Shanghai directed by Dibakar Banerjee. About her acting in Shanghai Rediff wrote “Tilottama Shome created one of this year’s best heart-touching performances in a Hindi film”.Her other characters have included Lara in Little Box of Sweets. Miraal in Butterfly and Jaya in Long After. Her acting as a girl who is raised as a boy in Qissa won her the best actress name in the New Horizons Competition of the seventh Abu Dhabi Film Festival (in short -ADFF). Shome shared the title with a Norwegian actress named is Julia Wildschutt.
Social Media: Tilottama Shome Bio
Some Interesting Facts: Tilottama Shome Bio
- Tillotama Shome was born and grew up in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- She played Mrs Ahmadi in Dibakar Banerjee which is a directed political thriller film titled Shanghai.
- Alongside acting, She is regarded as a highly qualified star, having achieved a Master’s degree in subject English Literature.
- Her other amazing performances include Lara in ‘Little Box of Sweets,’ and Miracle in ‘Butterfly’.
- She’s one of my good friend’s name is Konkona Sen from the industry.
- She likes cooking and reading books.
Photo’s: Tilottama Shome Bio
Here are some beautiful pictures of Tilottama Shome.